500 g gobhi (cauliflower)
2 medium sized potatoes
2 medium onions
2 large red tomatoes
1 tbsp of ginger
1 tsp whole jeera / cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp turmeric / haldi
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp oil
2 green chilli’s
1. Peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes and gobhi so that they are same size (1-1 1/2 inch)
2. Wash both well. Put both into a pot of water so that they’re immersed. Add one tsp of haldi / turmeric and keep it aside . Drain the water after 30 minutes
3. Cut onions and tomatoes into small pieces. Slice the ginger into very tiny pieces.
4. Heat oil in a wok or a heavy based broad pan
5. Add jeera / cumin and stir for a couple of minutes till it splutters
6. Quickly add the onions and ginger and stir till it is light brown
7. Add the tomatoes and the green chilli’s and cook further for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the cauliflower and potatoes. Add salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric and the chilli powder and stir gently for 7-8 minutes
9. Put 2 tbsp of water. Reduce to low heat and put a lid on the wok. Leave it for 12-15 minutes.
10. Check to see that it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn.
11. Remove the lid and stir. Bring it to medium heat and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
12. Garnish with fresh coriander if you wish
Ready to eat with some hot rotis. The leftover can be used as a filling for a toasted sandwich or freeze it for another meal