Ladyfinger / bhindi 500 g
2 tbsp oil
2 medium onions
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp haldi / turmeric powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp amchoor / mango powder
Note : this looks deceptively simple but beware as it is a bit tricky to make as it can stick together! To prevent this, dry the bhindi completely and don’t stir too much in step 4.
1. Wash the bhindi. Drain, and then spread it on a towel to dry.
2. Chop the stem and a tiny bit of the end part. Cut it into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
4. Add the bhindi. Let it cook for 6-7 minutes. Only stir occasionally
5. Add the onions and the masala. Mix it well and cook it for 18-20 minutes.
Ready to eat!