Ingredients for Noodles
1. 1 packet noodles
2. 1 carrot
3. 100 g green beans
4. 100 g broccoli
5. 1 small onion
6. 4 pods of garlic
7. 2 stalks of spring onions
8. 1 tbsp oil
Method for the noodles
1. Wash and cut the vegetables and garlic into thin and long slices.
2. Slice the white part of the spring onion. Chop the green part time small pieces and keep aside
3. Fill the pot with water. Once it comes to a boil, add the noodles and cook as per intructions on the packet. Drain and keep aside
4. Heat wok on high heat and add oil
5. Fry garlic till it’s crispy (1-2 minutes)
6. Add the rest of the vegetables (not the green part of the spring onions, only the white part) and cook till nearly done Takes approx 3 minutes.
7. Add the drained noodles and mix well.
Ingredients for the chicken
1. 500 g chicken
2. 1 egg
3. 3 pods garlic
4. 3 tbsp cornflour
5. 1 tbsp flour
6. 1/2 tsp chilli powder
7. 1/2 tsp salt
8. 2-3 tbsp oil
1. Crush the garlic pods.
Method for the chicken
2. Mix ingredients 2-7 in a bowl.
3. Cut the chicken horizontally so it becomes a thin fillet. Then slice it into 1.5” pieces and put it all into the the bowl and mix it well till it’s nicely coated with the batter
4. Heat oil in a heavy base pan, on high heat.
5. Put the chicken in and separate it using a fork and spread it across the pan. Leave it for 10 seconds
6. Then mix it around for 15-20 seconds, ensuring that it’s not lumped together.
7. Now that it’s coated, stir for another 10 seconds and leave it for 20 seconds.
8. Repeat till it’s crispy – takes about 8 min. Do not burn it!
9. Take out the chicken and use the same pan for the sauce. Do not switch off the gas.
Ingredients for the sauce
1. 1 tbsp curry powder
2. 1/2 tsp chilli powder
3. Few crumbs of chicken cubes
4. 1-2 tbsp of teriyaki or any stir fry sauce
5. 1 tsp of tomato ketchup
6. 1/2 tbsp sugar preferably brown
7. 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
8. 2-3 tbsp water
9. 1 tsp garlic
10. 1 tbsp oil (preferably sesame oil
Method for the sauce
1. In the pan used for the chicken, put oil and then add the garlic and stir for 20 seconds.
2. Mix ingredients 1-7 in a bowl and then add it to the pan
3. Stir for 30-40 seconds and then add water to the bowl (some sauce will be sticking to the sides, this is to ensure it doesn’t go waste). Stir it for another 20 seconds till it becomes sticky.
Add the chicken and spring onions to the noodles.
Put the sauce on top
Toss the noodles with the chicken and sauce a couple of times and it’s ready to eat !!
This will taste good with just garlic noodles as well, minus the vegetables.
Enjoy and have a great day!