Another simple potato dish, easy to make but delicious.
1. 3 medium potatoes
2. 2 green chilli’s
3. 1/2 tsp chilli powder
4. 1/2 tsp salt
5. Pinch of jeera / cumin powder
6. 1/2 tsp of coriander powder
7. 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
8. 2 tbsp oil
1. Wash and boil potatoes in a pressure cooker or a pot. Put enough water so that it covers it more than sufficiently.
2. Cook it till it is half done. Check after 10 minutes – the fork should go in but it should still be a bit firm.
3. Take it out and let it cool. Put it into the fridge for half an hour before slicing it into thin round discs. Do not peel!
4. Take a heavy based pan and put 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Then add the potato discs one at a time so it’s spread evenly across the pan.
5. Flip the sides after 2-3 minutes or after it becomes golden brown and crispy.
6. Add one tbsp of oil on the sides of the pan. Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, jeera/cumin, turmeric/haldi and the green chilli
7. Flip it gently so that it doesn’t break.
8. Spread it on the pan again and let it crispen up a bit.
You can have it with some dal/ lentils and roti