Midweek, lots done and lots to do.
A quick and simple recipe which my sister taught me. She of course does variations but I’m sticking to the basic one. It’s yummy!
1. 2 zucchini’s-about 7” in length.
2. 1/2 box mushrooms – 1 bowl
3. 1 bowl of broccoli florets
4. 1 tbsp hazelnut butter*
5. 1 tbsp pesto- any
6. Pinch of salt
7. Pinch of pepper
8. Squeeze of lemon juice
9. 1 tbsp olive oil
*can use any nut butter like almond butter or even peanut butter.
1. Wash all vegetables. Cut mushrooms roughly into any size and shape. Slice zucchini and then cut into half so it’s half moon shaped.
2. Heat pan and add oil. Keep heat on high.
3. Add the zucchini and broccoli florets and stir for 3-4 minutes before adding the mushrooms.
4. Stir for about 2 min. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Now add the nut butter, pesto and mix well.
6. Switch off gas and squeeze just a bit of lemon on top.
7. Toss and it’s ready to eat.
Enjoy with a mug of hot soup or a tall glass of cold coffee!