Decided to experiment with the same spinach batter used for the crepes (on day 23) , but this time, make it into muffins!
1. 2 heaped tablespoons of flour
2. 2 heaped tablespoons of whole wheat flour (atta)
3. 1 large egg
4. 1/2 cup milk
5. Minch of nutmeg
6. 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
7. 1 cup boiled spinach
8. 3/4 tsp baking powder
9. 50 g butter
1. Mix everything together in the blender till smooth. Consistency should be like cake batter.
2. Line the muffin moulds/baking tray and Pre heat oven (gas oven) to 260 centigrade
3. Pour batter into the muffin mould/ baking tray and put in the oven. After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 230 and bake for another 30 minutes
4. Check if it’s done by piercing a skewer. It should come out dry. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes then scoop it out.
While it is in the oven, you can make the bechamel sauce
Ingredients for sauce
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp butter
3 pods of crushed garlic
1 tbsp of flour
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of boiled corn
2/3 cup of sautéed mushrooms
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
1. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil. Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Then add the flour and stir for a minute
2. Add butter and stir till it becomes a thick paste-like consistency
3. Slowly add milk. Whisk while adding. Continue whisking till it becomes thinner and no lumps are formed.
4. Add the salt and pepper
5. Reduce flame and add the mushrooms and the corn. Mix well and switch off the gas after a minute or two.
2 thoughts on “Day 35 : Savoury muffins with mushroom and corn bechamel sauce”