Another day to experiment with chaat! This time I’ve made it using chicken.
1. 200 g chicken thigh boneless
2. 1 tsp lemon
3. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4. 1-2 tbsp hung yogurt
5. 1/4 tsp chilli powder
6. 1/2 tsp salt
7. Pinch of ajwain/ carom
8. 3oz besan / gram flour
9. Water to make the batter
10. 2-3 tbsp Hari chutney
11. 2 tbsp tamarind sauce
12. 1/2 pot of plain yogurt
13. Oil for frying
14. Chaat masala
1. Cut the chicken into 1 “ tikka pieces. Mix the chicken with ginger garlic paste and hung yogurt and keep aside for 4-6 hours
2. Mix besan with little water to make it into a thick batter.Add chilli powder, salt and ajwain/carom to the mix.
3. Put the chicken in this batter and keep it aside while the oil is heated up for frying. It should be nicely coated. If you feel the batter is too thin, you can add some besan to the mix at this stage
4. Dip each batter coated chicken into the hot oil and fry for 3-4 min till it’s cooked.
5. Fry the whole batch and put it on a platter to serve
7. Put some hari chutney and tamarind sauce on top
6. Put a dollop of plain yogurt on top of each piece.
8. Sprinkle some chaat masala and a pinch of chilli powder.
It’s ready to eat!