My sister’s go-to recipe when she’s short of time but wants to have a healthy and filling meal.
Put these delicious garlicky vegetables on nicely toasted sourdough bread!! I never thought of using yogurt in western cooking so it’s a new learning for me.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
1. I box mushrooms
2. 1 courgette (zucchini)
3. 4-5 small eggplants
4. 5-6 cloves garlic
5. 2 tbsp cream
6. 2 tbsp yogurt
7. 1/4 tsp pepper
8. 1/4 tsp salt
9. 1/3 tsp oregano
10. 1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Wash all the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms, courgette and the eggplant quite thin.
2. Take a heavy based pan and turn the heat on high. Add oil.
3. Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Then add the sliced eggplants and stir for another minute before adding the courgettes. Cook for a couple of minutes or until you press the spatula on one piece and it makes a line/ bruise.
4. Turn the heat to high and add the mushrooms so that the water evaporates quickly.
5. Stir for 2 minutes before reducing it low heat to add the yogurt. Stir and add the pepper, salt and oregano.
6. Now add the cream and mix gently for 10 seconds before switch off the gas.
7. Sprinkle some chilli flakes if you wish