This is a simple quick and easy to make meal.
Perfect for a busy day.
Very colourful and lightly flavoured, you can have a bowl full just like that!
This is good for 4 people
1. 1/2 large red capsicum *
2. 1/2 large yellow capsicum
3. 1/2 large green capsicum
4. 1 box mushrooms or 1 bowl sliced mushrooms
5. 1 bowl broccoli florets
6. 1/2 bowl boiled corn
7. 5-7 cloves garlic
8. 3 spring onions **
9. 6-7 cashew nuts
10. 1/2 chicken or vegetable cube
11. 1 tsp cornflour
12. 1 tsp light soya sauce
13. Pinch of sugar
14. 1/2 tsp salt
15. 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
16. 1/3 cup hot water
17. 2 tbsp sesame oil
*1/2 of each of the capsicums should make about 2/3 cup when sliced
**green part of the spring onion should make about 2/3 cup when chopped and the white part when sliced should make about 1/2 cup
1. Wash all the vegetables. Drain.
2. Slice the capsicums length wise but not too thin.
3. Slice the mushrooms
4. Slice the white bulb of the spring onions
5. Chop the green part of the spring onion
6. Slice the garlic finely
7. Mix the chicken or vegetable cube in hot water to make a quick chicken stock. Make sure the cube is completely dissolved
8. Mix the corn flour in a bit of the chicken stock so it becomes a thin paste.
9. Roast the cashew nuts in the oven for 10 minutes at 180C.
10. Heat oil in a wok on high flame.
11. Add the sliced garlic and stir. Let it turn light brown.
12. Add the broccoli florets and stir for a minute
13. Add the mushrooms and stir for 1 minute.
14. Add all 3 sliced capsicums and stir for a minute and then add the sliced white part of the spring onion and the boiled corn.
15. Now mix the cornflour paste with the vegetables.
16. Add the roasted cashew nuts and mix
17. Add the remaining chicken stock, sugar, salt and soya sauce and stir for 20 seconds. The vegetables will absorb the stock and it will simply coat it
18. Finally toss the green chopped part of the spring onion along with the chilli flakes and stir once.
19. Switch off gas and put the vegetables in a large bowl to serve.
We enjoy the stir fry veggies with garlic rice or you could have it just by itself.