Tomatoes are in abundance now and what better than to make a nice hearty meal of pasta after a long hot week?
Sit in lounging chair and watch some tv while devouring this delicious bowl of pasta! It takes a while to make a good Mariana sauce so while it’s gently simmering in the pot, go back to work or whatever else you were doing. In my case, back to studies.
This makes for 3-4 people. Make double the quantity of pasta sauce and freeze it.
Ingredients for the sauce
1. 8-10 juicy red tomatoes
2. 4-5 cloves garlic crushed
3. 1/2 bowl of chopped light coloured onion
4. 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 1/4 tsp sugar
7. 3 tbsp olive oil
8. 1/3 bowl basil leaves roughly chopped
1. Wash and put the tomatoes in a large pot of boiling water, just enough to cover the tomatoes.
2. Boil for 10-12 min. The Indian tomatoes take a bit of time for the skin to soften and split. Boil till the point when the skin starts to split slightly.
3. Drain and let it cool. Remove the skin and keep aside. Do not throw away the water.
4. Put a small pan on medium flame and add 1 tbsp of oil. Add the chopped onions and garlic and stir for 2 minutes till the onions soften a bit. Switch off gas and let it cool.
5. Put the tomatoes and the onions and garlic in a mixie and blend for 20 seconds or less. It should not be a smooth paste. Should still slightly chunky.
6. Take a large pot and add the balance oil and then put the chunky sauce in the pot. Add the chilli flakes, salt, sugar and oregano.
7. Stir for 5-6 minutes on medium flame and then reduce the heat to low. Add a cup of the water used for boiling the tomatoes and put a lid on the pot and leave it for 1.5 hours , stirring it occasionally. If at any point you feel that it is getting dry or touching the base, just add some of that tomato boiled water.
8. After 1.5 hours, add the chopped basil leaves and stir and switch off gas.
1. 500g of pumpkin
2. 1 tbsp of olive oil
3. Pinch of salt
4. 1 buratta
5. Pasta make according to instructions.
6. 1 tbsp pesto sauce
1. Chop the pumpkin with the skin on.
2. Drizzle some oil on it and spread it on a baking tray
3. Put it in the oven for an hour gas mark 180C.
4. Take it out and keep it aside
Put the pasta on a plate. Pour some sauce on top. Put the burrata in the center and arrange the roasted pumpkin around the burrata.
Drizzle some pesto sauce on top.
Enjoy! You’re guaranteed to love it – it tastes as good as it looks!
4 thoughts on “Day 54: Pasta in marinara sauce with roasted pumpkin and burrata”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks good and sounds delicious 😋
Thank you so much! So nice of you 🙂 thanks for liking the posts too. Just put up biryani yesterday do check that out and comment iyour opinion means a lot!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sure no problem