This is one of my favourites!
It tasted great with the leftover cumin lamb of yesterday. Have it with garlic noodles and you’re guaranteed to be in a good mood for the rest of the day
1. 250 g green beans
2. 3 cloves garlic
3. 1 tsp crushed garlic
4. 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
5. 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
6. 1 tbsp soya sauce
7. 1/2 tbsp palm sugar
8. 1/2 tsp salt
9. 1/2 tsp white sugar
10. 1/4 tbsp chilli flakes
11. 1 tbsp oil
1. Trim the beans both ends
2. Wash and drain
3. Bring a pot of water to boil.
4. Add 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt
5. Add the beans and take it out after just one minute.
6. To toast sesame seeds, use a flat pan. Heat the pan and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over the base. Toss the sesame and stir for two min. Do not let it burn!
7. Heat oil in a heavy based pan
8. Add garlic and stir it till it is slightly brown and crispy
9. Add the ginger and stir for a minute
10. Add the beans and soya sauce
11. Stir for 2 minutes before adding the sesame seeds, peanuts and the chilli flakes
12. Stir for another 2 minutes
13. Add the palm sugar and toss the beans around the pan for just 20-30 seconds.
14. Switch off gas.
Tip : Putting beans in hot water with sugar and salt helps it to retain its bright green colour.
The palm sugar added in the end sticks around the sesame seeds and the peanuts and it gives the beans the salty sweet crunchy texture.