As my half term break starts, I have slightly more time on my hands before the final exams start. Thought I might as well make new dishes while I still can!
Here’s one which is simple enough but really yummy and hearty.
Makes about 3 medium size tortillas
1. 250g chicken breast boneless
2. 1/3 large bell pepper
3. 1/3 large bell pepper
4. 1/3 large green capsicum
5. 1 medium onion
6. 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
7. 1/2 packet fajita seasoning
8. Salsa sauce
1. Slice the onions and all 3 peppers.
2. Wash the chicken and beat it down and then slice it length wise.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy based pan and add the chicken. Stir for about 3 minutes. The chicken should have browned slightly bit not fully done.
4. Add the onions and the peppers and stir for about 1 minute or so.
5. Cut open the fajita seasoning packet. I’ve used a brand called Old El Paso but you can use any. Pour half of the contents onto the chicken and mix well so that it costs the chicken and the peppers.
6. Stir for 20 seconds . Add 1 tbsp of water scrapping the bottom of the pan as your stir for another 3 minutes.
7. Switch off gas and it’s now ready to plate up.
8. Warm the tortillas and put a generous helping in the center. You can add some chilli flakes if you like. Put some salsa on top and wrap the tortillas.
My apologies – I have no pictures of the salsa as we always keep a bowl full in our fridge so it’s ready to eat with nachos whenever we’re hungry!
It’s quick and simple to make. Take 3-4 juicy red tomatoes. Put them in boiling hot water and take it out in 30 seconds. This is to get the skin off. Peel the skin off and chop into 4 and then scoop the seeds out. Then chop the tomatoes finely. It will be a little mushy. Steal one slice from all 3 pepper’s from the chopping board (kept for the fajitas) and chop finely. Chop one small shallot. Combine all of this into a bowl and mix with some salt and chilli flakes. Mix in some chopped coriander if you like. And that’s it!
One thought on “Day 56: Chicken fajita”
A great Wholesome brunch meal – simple steps and delicious 😋